How to get to Nanyang Technological University
Nanyang Technological University is located in the south-western part of Singapore, near the Jurong West Extension area. This campus is easily accessible by two expressways, the Pan-island Expressway (PIE) and Kranji Expressway (KJE). It is also near the Boon Lay bus interchange and the Boon Lay Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station.
For a quick lookup, browse the interactive NTU map.
Make your own avatar and visit NTU Virtual Campus (you will need to use Internet Explorer and install a plug-in).
Car & Taxi
The university is served by two entrances: Jalan Bahar entrance and Pioneer Road North entrance.
If you are coming by the Pan Island Expressway (PIE) in the direction of Tuas,
- get off PIE at Exit 36
- Turn right into Jalan Bahar after the down ramp and then look out for direction sign to the university
- Turn left into Nanyang Avenue and proceed ahead to the Jalan Bahar entrance
- About 5 m from the entrance is an information kiosk with a campus map, if you need help to navigate and locate the building you are visiting
If you are coming by the PIE in the direction of Changi Airport,
- Get off the PIE at Exit 38
- Keep left and look out for a direction sign to the university
- Follow the sign to access via the Pioneer Road North entrance
- Turn left if you are heading for the academic buildings and Chinese Heritage Centre
- Go right if you are heading for Nanyang Executive Centre, NIE and residential apartments
If you are coming by Pioneer Road,
- Drive straight towards Pioneer Road North which passes under the PIE flyover
- Look out for a direction sign to the university
- Proceed ahead to the Pioneer Road North entrance
- Most Singaporean taxi drivers know the different landmarks of Marina Bay Sands by name, so you can give instructions such as “Take me to Marina Bay Sands, Hotel Tower 1 entrance” to get to your desired destination.
MRT & Bus
Take the MRT East-West (Green) line and alight at Boon Lay MRT Station. Thereafter, take Singapore Bus Service (SBS) bus service no. 179 or 199 at the Boon Lay bus interchange located just next to the MRT station. Please refer to the bus guide to plan where you should alight.
Alternatively, you may alight at Pioneer MRT Station. Thereafter, get down the overhead bridge to take the free NTU-Pioneer MRT shuttle bus at the bus-stop outside Block 649A, Jurong West Street 63. This shuttle bus operates daily from 7:30 am to 10:30 pm.